Saturday, July 4, 2020

Time Heals...

The oldest cliches are often the truest, even if it takes us so much time to realise how true they are. I keep realising one of them more every day these days. 

Time heals. It's true, and it couldn't be truer for me than now. I can sense time making every hardship just a tiny bit easier on me. I can feel it within the healing journey I have been taking for over a year now. Time heals. It stretches the pain and loosens the grip of anxieties and fears which hold us captive for long periods of time. It is proof that we will make it, because we have made it through before. Time heals. It is a coping mechanism that makes us willing to be patient, as long as the pain will slowly fade with it (time). It is all about hope and faith, the hope that tomorrow will be better and the faith to keep going because the people around us love and cherish us. Time heals, and if it doesn't heal, it makes us get used to the pain.
But it does heal, one way or another.

I haven't got enough time to ponder the things I love about myself today, so I will first write the things I am grateful for:
  1. I am grateful for empathy.
  2. I am grateful for my good health. Nothing ever beats being healthy!
  3. I am grateful for my wisdom to know that I have been through hardships before and I can get through these too.
  4. I am grateful for the personality shift in me. It is teaching me millions of things.
  5. I am grateful for Mama and her beautiful spirit and amazing humour.
  6. I am grateful for the in-depth conversations with Taha.
  7. I am grateful for the desire to have kids, which I thought I would never ever have in my life.
  8. I am grateful for being closer to Allah, even though I am still so flawed but I try.
  9. I am grateful for the sunshine, as well as the rainy days, and the beautiful weather of the UK
  10. I am grateful for slowly learning how to get myself out of the selective memory and the nostalgia to go back to Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment