Monday, July 20, 2020

الرضا

الرضا is a beautiful thing. It just gives you so much calm and inner peace. I think as long as we have that, literally nothing else matters in life. I also believe that whenever we pray so much to Allah, every single day, every step of the way, we are automatically assured that things are going to be okay, even if it is not entirely clear that Allah has answered our prayers. Prayer itself is bliss, and having that makes it easier for us to hold onto life and face every difficulty that comes our way.
رضا also comes with gratitude, because as long as we keep saying alhamdulillah every day, we will start to see so much beauty in life and appreciate what we have even if it isn't an easy journey to take. I am so thankful to Allah for teaching me lessons like this.

Today I am saying alhamdulillah for these blessings:
  1. Alhamdulillah for morning walks in the sun, by the beach.
  2. Alhamdulillah for appreciating myself and every effort I make to boost my self-compassion and self-esteem.
  3. Alhamdulillah for my overflowing love for Taha.
  4. Alhamdulillah for video calls with Mama and my sisters.
  5. Alhamdulillah for calls with Takateeko.
  6. Alhamdulillah for being able to walk, talk, hear, and smell.
  7. Alhamdulillah for knowing that everything passes.
  8. Alhamdulillah for deeps breaths and their amazing power.
  9. Alhamdulillah for being aware of my reminders much more now that I look forward to them every day and give myself a minute to think about their content.
  10. Alhamdulillah for Taha love for me and the beautiful mature relationship we have.
Things this phase is teaching me:
  1. How to appreciate myself more.
  2. How to be self-compassionate.
  3. Understanding that I am completely normal, and there is a million versions of normal on this planet.
  4. That it is ok. 
  5. That it will pass.
  6. That nothing is wrong with me.
  7. That leaving my home country is extremely difficult to adjust to, but that I can definitely do it.
  8. How to love myself and be easy on her.
  9. That intrusive thoughts are sticky ones that don't say any facts but only lies, and that they take advantage of my moods.
  10. That after all, السكينة is more important than love.

No comments:

Post a Comment