Thursday, July 16, 2020

Morning Thoughts

Waking up with negative thoughts on a daily basis is my fight. It is often difficult just to toss them away and get up to enjoy life, but when I am able to do this, it usually really works. I have this strong desire to enjoy my own company, which sometimes I do but a lot of times I don't. You have to really accept who you are to do this, and you have to know how to entertain the thoughts that need entertaining and ignore the other unwanted intrusive thoughts that offer no solution. It is just that my current struggle is making the differentiation between my thoughts and my emotions. It is so easy for us to confuse between the two because thoughts often lead us to feel particular emotions, which we think are real ones but are quite simply the product of giving in to these thoughts.
Ya Allah, help us get rid of unwanted thoughts. Help us thank You for every tiny little bliss. Help us see the good in life. Help us maintain healthy relationships with the people we love the most.

Things I am grateful for today:
  1. Taha's morning hugs before work.
  2. Getting up and fighting every little thought.
  3. Having prayed fajr today after a few days of fighting.
  4. The beautiful cloudy weather, which will be sunny in a few hours.
  5. I am grateful for drinking clean water.
  6. Grateful for the new facial wash that feels so refreshing.
  7. Grateful for the morning routine that I have.
  8. Grateful for how easy it is to shop here, online or physically.
  9. Grateful for the books I am reading these days and for the knowledge that gives me the power to fight every negative thought and to remember Allah every step of the way.
  10. Grateful for breakfast and the varieties we have in the fridge. Such bliss alhamdulillah!
Things I adore about Taha:
  1. His morning hugs which he never ever misses.
  2. His energy.
  3. How easily he spots my bad moods and understands.
  4. His openness to listen to my deepest secrets and thoughts.
  5. His kind heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment