Saturday, October 10, 2015

With Love

Dear you,

I am sorry I haven't written any letters in the past few days; it's just that I had two big weddings coming and I had to help the family and friends. Yes, a wedding; you read this correct. I know you probably think by now that I am such a miserable lady whose career goals in life is just to whine up for a living, right? But I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you didn't.
It was a hectic week, and yet I spent a night over at my cousin's a day before the wedding. I was so tired that I felt like I was hung over or something in the morning. Anyways.

I don't know what to write you, but I'll try. I have a friend, who may be more than a friend at times. We have this relationship where we sometimes just cut all ties loose, maybe for two months, and then go back to those long, long phone calls to talk about almost anything and everything. I don't get us, and I pray to God I remain like this and not think it something of any seriousness, because most of the time I am so fragile when it comes to him.
I don't know why I'm telling you this, you being the carrier and keeper of my letters, to you, but I guess I want more than letters to you; perhaps honesty. I won't deny that I have never ceased to like the guy, but I also won't deny that getting attached to people has never made me happier, at least people other than you.

But they say that the more you talk about someone you like, the more you'll get attached and find it harder to let go of the idea itself. So I promise you this is the first and last time I am talking about him. Just so you know, and for the sake of honesty. And for the sake of plain and naked honesty, this is Mohammed Donia we're talking about. Now let's end this here forever.

There is a reason why some feelings are better left inside, because they remain beautiful there.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.


No comments:

Post a Comment