Monday, November 23, 2015

Passion and Loneliness

Dear you,

Let me tell you something of importance about me; I have no special powers. I'm not an extraordinary person; in fact I am a true ordinary person who sometimes happens to be there for people at the right place in the right time. I am not in any bit smart. I know a lot of people who are smarter than I am, and I know a lot of people who can say what I say to you every day differently, with more clarity and a more beautiful vocabulary. I know that I have an average IQ, and I am somehow fine with it. I do, however, know for sure that, with all of this, I am not entirely an average person; a hard worker is not an average person, right? Even if they're not that smart.

What I need is a reminder; a constant reminder that I can make it in this world with my average intelligence and my normal IQ. I need to start learning the things I am very passionate about, like psychology and astronomy, two fields of science that interest me like nothing else.

The thing with being a freelancer, though, is the responsibility of learning everything on your own, and sometimes it becomes so damn hard when no colleagues are around and when I have no one to go out and work in a cafe with. It feels incredibly lonely.

I feel incredibly lonely. But I know you can hear me. So I'm not entirely alone.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment