Friday, November 20, 2015

On Social Awkwardness

Dear you,

I just want you to know, before I write what I am about to write, that you make my life so much better by existing. I know I feel so much happier after I write to you; you make a difference in my life. You truly do. And you know how. So let's start.

--

Do you ever like, get tired of having to pretend like shit for the sake of social situations, to avoid being you and being understood as an arrogant bastard? Social interactions are a complete bore and you have to work so hard to make yourself look normal. It's so hard. Do you know what it feels to avoid being you just for the sake of people? People you've literally been raised with but are now grownups and have turned to be miserable beings? It's so tiring I swear; it makes me just want to deeply relinquish and pull back from this life so bad I start to offer an overreaction as a fighting mechanism. It's pathetic I know.

--

Now about grownups and people you have literally been raised with; it is so sad to see people who have once been so full of life retreat to those "what are we doing really in this life?" It physically hurts to see people talk like that and just have to tell them "you know what? You're absolutely right" about this shit. You have to go with the flow, in hopes that it will make things any, any better. But they usually don't.

People are sad, so sad they make me want to be with them to offer consolation but I know it will completely destroy me in all possible ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment