Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Throw up Your Heart

Dear you,

I feel like writing feverishly, even though I have nothing to say; but it's the desire to let anything out. Today I was told to let the pen touch the paper and it will flow. And this was the advice I never wanted to hear, because pens don't flow; it's people, writers, who fight a hard battle to bring the words out to life. Nothing in life flows unless you make some effort. Nothing is as easy as it seems. Everything requires effort, strength, willingness, and so, so much hope and enthusiasm to keep on going.
I have not given up, but I find it hard to feel my words; mind you, I've stopped feeling my words so long ago, but it's rather surprising that I find people who still find those words, that I cannot relate to, relatable. Is this what happens when you advance in writing? Because, honestly, I do not know. I just wanted to come here and let my fingers do the talking. I need to pour my heart out.
Once, I was sitting with a friend who has recently had her heart broken. She told me the most heartbreaking words ever.
"It's like I wanted to throw up my heart and couldn't.."

How do you throw up your heart? But I guess pain can do a lot worse than that. These were her words, and I do not think any writer could've described the feeling of a broken heart the way she described it. Throwing up your heart, this is what a heartbreak feels like. The saddest thing in the world, because no one is able to heal you, not even your own soul, because it would also be carried away in that wave.

No one can fix a broken heart. It has to fix itself. Time makes us forget, but we never really kill the memories.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment