Friday, September 16, 2016

The Magic of the Universe of Writing

Dear you,

"We resemble a sky full of stars, depending on the thoughts we fill our minds with, the stars, that is. They defeat us like meteorites sometimes, striping us of every other thought. We become starless, like myself, and like how I came to you now. Sir, are you listening to me? You’re full of stars you don’t notice me. Lend me something. A thought. Just one. I’m hollow. Sir? Hello?"

I believe that writing changes who we are. It makes us so careful with words, that, instead of saying specific adjectives, we use whole expressions. Let me exemplify this; instead of saying someone was alone, writing allows us to say that someone's heart had the company of loneliness. This is how writing changes us. The words the mediocre uses to describe normal daily-life situations, writers throw on the ground and replace with other words, expressions, that is. Writing never leaves us empty of words; it's us that never make enough effort.

I wrote this quoted paragraph 4 years ago when I was, I suppose, practicing how good I was with prose. Reading it now, I never realised the potential I had in descriptions and in imagination. We are indeed infinitesimal beings of the universe, like infinite stars, and we form thoughts for our minds which come and go like how the stars burn and vanish. We are the stars and the universe of stars. But if we think of it that way, we can be anything and everything, if we choose to put our souls and heart to it. And writing makes anything out of us.

It's magic we never truly take a moment to appreciate.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment