Thursday, June 16, 2016

Walking into Love

Dear you,

Tomorrow I have a big day. Tomorrow, June 17, 2016, this blog will turn from letters to an imaginary lover to letters to someone real, someone who, by God's grace and power, was determined to make me his, and himself mine. Tomorrow I will not write you, because I have someone else to talk to, but know that I will still write here. I will always write here because I believe I was brought to him by the mysterious power of the words I wrote ever since I started this blog.

I thought I'd be scared like hell, to share my all with one person. I thought that I was actually never going to find someone to understand, or make the unremitting effort to understand, my life. I was told before that when you find him, you'll understand. And now I do.

There are no words, no words to say how grateful I am and how thrilled I feel. Sometimes it all feels like a dream that will soon wake me up to the reality I escaped for so long. You know what's beautiful? To fall for someone mentally before you fall fully with your heart; it's like you're carefully stepping on their being, tiptoeing on their soul before you decide it's time to let your heart go with the flow.

There is a quote that describes this mental state I feel. I never knew I'd relate to it until now.

“I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.”


Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment