Saturday, January 9, 2016

The (Non-)human(e) Race

Dear you,

Let me ask you something: why are we running? Why does our life seem to be like a race in which we must score something, make a kind of a record to feel significant, to feel alive? What are we running from? And what is the worse that could happen, positive thinking this time, if we stopped, to take a breath and just ease up?

This is me, my life. I wish I could slow down, but it seems I have automatically adjusted my speed to the maximum and cannot put it down through the manual. My brain is rushing from this idea to that, and it is constantly fighting with my heart over the stupidest things, like whether I should buy an expensive watch or save the money, or whether I should join a nice gym or do yoga at home. Stupid, stupid stuff, but they never leave me.

On the other hand, I learn the toughest things so slowly, and it feels like the faster I adjust my speed the slower I will learn that this is fucked up, an inverse relation.

How much of your life can you fix when it's already close to the end of the race?

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment