Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Null

Dear you,

I've left too many books unfinished to feel complete. I've left too many stories that I've written unfinished to call myself a real writer. I've left bits and pieces of me scattered everywhere that I feel I'll never ever feel complete.
I often wonder if we're supposed to feel this way in the first place; after all, isn't this incompleteness what pushes us forward in life? To do the things we dream of doing?

Today at work I went to an empty room, sat alone and cried. I just wanted out. Out of everything. Out of myself. Out of my words, my thoughts, my feelings. Out of my soul. I wanted out. But I was stuck, still am stuck. I don't know how to leave these thoughts, and I keep begging them to leave me, in the middle of nowhere; I don't care. All I want is to feel free of any shackles that mess up with the person I used to be.

--

When I think about the positives I have in life, I know I have a lot. I know that I'm a good writer and that I have a heart that wants good for everyone, and even when I feel that my nafs doesn't want this, I try so hard to let go of bad thoughts because I do want people to be happy. I know that I have a fiance that I wouldn't have thought he existed even in my most colourful dream. I know that I have a beautiful family whose love for me goes beyond the traditional ways. I know that I'm different and that I'm not a copy of the herd I see every day. But it's how often, I remember these things, that matters the most. It's how often I remind myself that I'm not that terrible, not at all terrible, to want to just end my life with every obstacle that comes in the way.

I know I'm good. I know I am. I just need a daily reminder, deeper than words, deeper than silence. A body language that would make all the difference in my life and make me feel alive again.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment