Saturday, September 26, 2015

Anger Is Like Love

Dear you,

Hi, I do hope you are doing great today, because why not? Let's be sarcastic for a living, and as long as we have that, we can be great, no?
So, let me tell you about anger. Let me tell you about how it can creep up inside you and consume you (like the song says). So, what is anger? How do you define it? I'll tell you; anger is a foggy air that comes in between your sanity and insanity, between you being wise and you being stupid. Anger is a temporary feeling that has a permanent effect if you react stupidly enough. Anger is blind, just like love. Ironic huh?
And it can be a result of something so trivial, yet it could be just an accumulation of so many bottled up feelings of frustration, disappointment, and pain. Anger is so many emotions at once. It's crazy.

Now, me. Allow me to be a little bit self-centered here, my love, because after all these are my letters, to you, about me. I do not know how to deal with anger. The good part is, I do know that it makes you blind and attacks your brain and sane thinking with a fog that makes it so hard to see. But during an episode of rage (from inside of me) I have no idea how to react in a good way, in order not to make things worse for both of us (whoever that other person might be). I don't. I unseal my lips as if I'm gonna say something but then hold back, because, fear again consumes me more than ever. I shut down all my emotions at the same time whenever anger attacks me with its episodes. Nonetheless, I go back to wondering if I should've said so much more, out loud, rather than just a sigh and unsealed lips.

Anger, my friend, is a dangerous thing, like love, and like hope.

Now this letter is only a prelude to what's coming next. Don't worry; there will be no wave of rage, just a few heart-to-heart words in letters that will, again, only be addressed to you. Only you, my love.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment