Saturday, March 4, 2017

Self-inflicted Torture


My pen is dry, my words are devoid of meanings, short of breath. All I can write about is how hard it is to write. Every thought is about my lack of words, lack of stories, lack of life. I float in an ocean of lack-of-everything. Nothing in there makes me feel complete or even half empty. There are days when I wake up feeling that I've unjustly treated words for months on end now, and it's time I pay the price of this silence, with yet more silence. It's like self-inflicted torture. I treat words with silence and they give me a more bitter silence. And at the end of my struggling days I throw myself to bed thinking: Is there ever an end to this?


جفّ قلمي وتلاشت المعاني من كلماتي وباتت بنَفس قصير. كلّ ما أكتب عنه هو عجزي عن الكتابة، وكل الأفكار التي تدور في رأسي هي عن فقر الكلمات، وفقر القصص، بل وفقر الحياة. أطفو في محيط من هذا الفقر، فقر كل شيء، ولا أشعر بالكمال فيه أو حتى بنصف هذا الكمال. أحيانًا أستيقظ وبداخلي شعور بأنني ظلمت الكلمات شهورًا عدة، وقد حان الوقت لأدفع ثمن هذا الصمت بمزيد من الصمت فوق ذلك، وكأنه إيذاء متعمّد للذات. فإنني أعامل الكلمات بالصمت لتعطيني صمتًا لاذعًا هي الأخرى. وفي نهاية هذا المطاف أرتمي على سريري وفي جعبتي سؤال واحد: هل لهذا كلّه نهاية ما؟

No comments:

Post a Comment